Apple is preparing to unveil its next-generation iPhone models next month. While the Cupertino-based technology giant has not yet disclosed the exact launch details, it is expected that Apple will follow its tradition of introducing new iPhones in the fall. Speculations and leaks suggest that the iPhone 15 series might be launched during the second week of September. Furthermore, various key specifications and pricing details have been leaked online.
With only about a month left until the much-anticipated iPhone 15 launch, let’s quickly review ten things that are already known about the device. However, it’s important to note that these details should be taken with caution as Apple has not officially confirmed anything yet.
Key Points about the iPhone 15 (Expected):
- The iPhone 15 may be launched as early as next month. According to rumors and leaks, the upcoming iPhone models could be launched on September 12. Earlier rumors indicated a launch date of September 13, suggesting that the official release might occur in the second week of September.
- There are rumors of a design overhaul for the iPhone 15. Leaks suggest that all iPhone 15 models will feature the Dynamic Island design, currently only available on Pro models.
- Apple is set to change the design of the base iPhone model by altering the notch design. This change follows the design shift introduced with the iPhone X in 2017, which replaced bezels with a wide notch.
- Reports also suggest improvements in the camera performance of the iPhone 15, particularly in low-light conditions.
- There are indications that both the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus will sport an upgraded 48-megapixel primary camera sensor. In comparison, the iPhone 14 utilized a 12-megapixel dual-camera system, indicating substantial camera upgrades in the iPhone 15.
- The iPhone 15 is expected to maintain a compact form factor and feature a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display, similar to the iPhone 14 and previous iPhone models.
- In terms of performance, the iPhone 15 is anticipated to be powered by the A17 Bionic chipset, a significant improvement over the iPhone 14. In the previous year, due to supply chain limitations, Apple launched the iPhone 14 with the older A15 Bionic chip. In contrast, the iPhone 14 Pro models were equipped with the latest A16 Bionic chip, albeit at a higher cost.
- The iPhone 15 may introduce a substantial battery upgrade, potentially allowing the phone to last a full day on a single charge.
- In addition to the usual enhancements, the upcoming iPhone models are expected to include a USB Type-C port.
- Regarding pricing, there is a possibility that Apple will slightly raise the starting price of the iPhone 15. To recall, the iPhone 14 was introduced with a starting price of Rs 79,900.