People often try to collect the knowledge about the blogs and blogging from various sources and are still left with doubts like – what blogs exactly are, what is the origin of blogs, or how the blogs can help us to earn money, etc. If like many others, you are also looking for a guide to learn about how this blogging world really works, so let us tell you that you are at the right place. We’ll suggest you to read along to get the answers of all your queries.
What does the term ‘blog’ refer to?
The term ‘Blog’ was originated from mid 90’s word ‘Weblog’. This term was used for online journals back then. In weblog people used to create the online diary entries which later evolved as ‘We Blog’ and then just ‘Blog’. Today we all know blogging as the means of regularly sharing the informative and influencing ideas in the form of writings, photographs, presentations or other medias.
In simple words, blogging is the process of making the viewers aware about the certain idea, situation, day, person, product or anything on a regular basis through different forms of influencing on the online platform, generally on the website.
Blogging can be really helpful for both viewers and the bloggers. They are a good source of knowledge and updates. As we have discussed that priorly, the blogs were confined to the updates of day to day personal activities. But now, it is a medium of spreading the information and showing up someone’s personal intellectual skills benefitting the blogger as well. The following are some of the manners in which the blogs can actually be helpful –
For Bloggers –
- The blogs can be a good source of marketing. They can be helpful in promoting a certain activity, skill, or product.
- It helps in engaging the traffic on the websites by increasing the impressions.
- The blogs can actually help a blogger to earn through regular content sharing.
- The heavy traffic and higher reaches will help in engaging with more clients and earning a good amount each month.
For Audience –
- Through the blogs, the viewers get to know about various facts and information on the certain topics collected by the blogger.
- The audience can advertise their services and products through paid promotions.
- Blog reading can be a good method of bursting the boredom. For the readers, blogs can be a great source of entertainment.
How a blog is different from website?
People usually get the blogs mistakenly as a website. The truth is that blogs are just another form of website but cannot be considered as a website itself. The normal websites are static in nature and can be updated after some interval of time because it is more like a consolidated link of certain organised pages. On the other hand, the blogs are always dynamic. They need a regular update. Each previous blog is displaced by the new one in the list after the post and appears in chronological order. However, the blogs can be a part of a website as well, when added as an additional tab. People usually add the blogging tab in the website to increase the traffic.
HOW TO BECOME A BLOGGER
If you have the ability of expressing your thoughts in a manner that can attract the viewers, then you must try your hand in blogging. To become a blogger, the first two feature you must have is – patience and determination. In order to become a successful blogger, you should have the ability to work hard with effectivity.
When you finally decide that you are ready to start blogging, you are required to follow the below mentioned steps to begin your journey –
- You have to begin from getting a domain and a host for your blogs. Domain is the URL of your website for posting your blogs. A blog host is the company that lives your website on the internet.
- When you are done with the domain and host, get your blog registered on a powerful blogging platform.
- In the next step, design and furnish your blog attractively to take the field.
- Once, your blog is fully customized and finished, publish it online to let other people see your talent.
You can even promote your blog on the different platforms to connect with more and more viewers.
What are the basic features of a perfect blog?
The primary ingredient of a perfect blog is the ‘expressiveness’, no doubt! However, your blog must have some basic necessary features to hit the epitome of perfection.
- Continuity – At primary level the blog with proper continuity is considered as a perfect blog. The blogs having a continuity in sentences general wins the heart of readers as they avoid the sudden breakage of focus, enabling a smooth reading with fluency.
- Uniqueness – A perfect blog is the one, that is worth spending the time. When someone reads the blog, they must be delivered some unique information that has not been provided elsewhere yet.
- Simple and Understandable language – The blog with simple language are the more successful one. The viewers have no time to spend on understanding the typical and technical language.
- Perfect Structure – The structure of the blog must be in a well organised manner. The neat and presentable information is always highly considerable.
Tips for improving your blogging skills
The first and most essential skill you must have to become a successful blogger is ‘the skill to express’. Making your thoughts understandable in the form of words is the only talent you need. Apart from that, if you are willing to add on more potential to your blog, then you must take care of a few points mentioned below –
- Find your niche and speciality – Before going any further in blogging you must know what is your real interest and quality. Which topic is your speciality? What is your niche? Because you cannot explain a subject to someone until you yourself are unsure about the concepts. Thus, you much know what is that one subject that you are confident in.
- Try to be Unique and productive – At primary level you must ask yourself the question ‘Why’, ‘why should they spend their time on your blog’, and ‘What productivity are you delivering through your blog’. You should make sure that your blog contains a unique information to provide to stand higher among other existing information providers.
- Do your homework – You must make sure that you don’t provide a biased or false information. You should thoroughly study the topic before starting to writer the blog. Collect the variety of material and interlink the clauses to give it a cross check and then deliver it in simpler words.
- Get organised – Do not hotch-potch with the topics. Decide the adequate sequence of the key points you are going to discuss. An ideal sequence increases the quality of the blog.
- Powerful Opening – Make sure that the opening of your blog is strong enough to impress the reader and encourage him to continue with the blog. If the opening will not be strong, then the reader might shift to another source.
- Use your natural emotions and voice – Don’t try to be too good at writing, just be natural and be expressive. Sow the words with your own voice and irrigate with your emotions.
How to earn with Blogging?
Yes, you got it right. You can really earn money from Blogging. A professional blogger can earn up to $10,000 every month. And on an average, you have the chance of earning up to $300 to $400 a month from blogging, just ask us how.
Well here is your answer. There are number of ways to make money from blogging –
- By Providing the paid services – You can serve your visitors and get paid for the services.
- Paid Promotions – The various brands and companies may use your viewers and engagements for marketing and pay you in return.
- Affiliated Marketing – It is one of the fastest emerging mode of marketing these days. Like many other bloggers you can also get your blogs monetized under affiliated marketing programs and earn.
- Start a Paid Community – You can start a paid forum for your website. You may offer a monthly or annual plan of subscribing the website for enjoying the services.
Selecting the best platform for your Blogs
The success of your blogs mostly depends upon the platform you are choosing for publishing your blog posts. You need a large community to engage more and more people on your blogs. ‘Blogger’ and ‘Wordpress’ are two biggest blogging platforms having millions of users. However, selecting your ideal platform need a tour of the features of both the platforms. On an overview, ‘Wordpress’ is considered to be the most popular platform for blogging as compared to the ‘Bloggers’ having more convenient and innovative features for organizing and designing a post. Since, you need to choose one among the two platforms, then you must choose by considering the features you need and then make a choice.